Ver 2.3.16, for android 2.2 and up
* Corrects music stream (A2DP) volume when connected to Bluetooth and restores it on disconnect.
* Captures car location automatically when car Bluetooth or Car Mode disconnects. Automatic car locator.
* Reads text messages (SMS) while Bluetooth is connected.
* Automatically launch app, playlist, Pandora station, or shortcut when Bluetooth connects.
* Automatically connect to a Bluetooth device when first device connects.
* Automatically disable WIFI when Bluetooth connects.
* Also supports Audio Jack connections, Car Dock, and Home Dock.
* Each device can be independently configured.
* Location for each device is also stored separately.
* Contain widget for finding car.
Automatically adjusts the media volume on Bluetooth connect and resets on Bluetooth disconnect. Automatically captures location information on disconnect so you can find where you left your car. Location can also be triggered when exiting car mode. Includes location widget to find your car. Can configure to also respond to home dock and audio jack as well. Each device is individually configured. Fixes A2DP WIFI stutter with optional auto-WIFI disable on Bluetooth connect. Auto launch app, playlist, Pandora Radio station, or shortcut on connect. Auto connect another A2DP Bluetooth device after first device connects. Read out text messages when connected to a device in the list using audio stream and Text To Speech services (see manual for details).
See details here: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/
Bluetooth devices must be paired to be seen by this app. Pair the devices using Android network settings before using this app for Bluetooth. Please read the manual before using: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/wiki/Manual
Please post any issues to the issues list on the website. I can only fix problems I know about and I need to know the details of the problems to fix them.
This app is free, open source, and contains no ads.
The "stored location" button will retrieve the location of the last Bluetooth device that disconnected while the service was running. Setting the preference "notify in foreground" and "start at boot" will ensure the service is running when needed. Do not install to SD card if you are using the "start at boot" feature.
The text message reader can be tricky to set up. Here is some help: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/wiki/Reading_SMS
For those who don't use the new features, older version of the app are available for download here: http://code.google.com/p/a2dpvolume/downloads/listA2DP Volume android apps